I am software engineer with broad experience in developing system and embedded software, full-stack and mobile applications.
I am in constant search of simplicity, performance and integrity when conceiving computational systems.
I formally studied Computer Science:
- I have a Ph.D. degree from Yale University (2010). I became a researcher and expert in Formal Semantics and Program Verification.
- I have a M.Sc. degree from Unicamp (2001). I wrote a complete implementation of the JVM, including AOT/JIT compiler and system runtime; it was called JewelVM.
- I have a B.Sc. degree from UFMG (1998). I acquired a strong systems background and had lots of fun writing program in C, C++, Pascal, assembly and others.
I would like to grown my career as an open-software developer:
- Cashu is a non-custodial mobile crypto wallet.
- crypto-java is a crypto primitives library written from scratch and supporting the most popular cryptocurrencies.
I am a decentralization advocate and blockchain enthusiast.
I know the internals of Bitcoin.
I love compilers and code optimization.
I have plenty of ideas to improve programming languages and tools.
I have written a couple of published papers.
I have received multiple scholarships.
I have once won 2 out of 3 prizes in a hackathon.
I have written compiler code for a large graphics card manufacturer.
I have written a commercial grade hotel booking system.
I know how to write certified code and prove program properties using Coq.
I usually remove comments and style other people’s code before I read.
I demand the use of type systems in programming.
I spend more time naming and organizing things rather than implementing them.
I believe at least 20% of the time should be devoted to refactoring.
I document for my older self, to read in 5 years.
I do not allocate all my working hours to others.
I lived abroad for more than 7 years.
I start phrases with I… Apparently!